So things are not looking good as we head into 2011.
*Unemployment is edging towards the tipping point.
*Youth unemployment is always a tragedy no matter what the economic conditions.
* The Inflation genie might be out of the bottle.
* QE looks like it is a trap the BoE have set for themselves.
* Borrowing just gets worse and worse.
* The recession has not yet runs its course, house prices are still way above average income multiples meaning prices have a good deal yet to correct.
* And the price of Oil is emptying the motorways quicker than at Greenie picket line at the local Esso garage.
It must be nice sitting on the opposition benches and keeping your dirty hands from getting even more mucky, but the smell still just reaps.
So it seems to me a quick unscientific goggle survey is needed to try and ascertain the root of our current predicament.
Using "social justice" (whatever your interpretation of that is) and "wealth creation" (I think we all know pretty much what that is) we get the following results.
Labour Party Social Justice, About 376,000 results (0.09 seconds)
Labour Party Wealth Creation, About 249,000 results (0.18 seconds)
Conservative Party Social Justice, About 333,000 results (0.21 seconds)
Conservative Party Wealth Creation, About 234,000 results (0.23 seconds)
Liberal Democratic Party Social Justice, About 736,000 results (0.21 seconds)
Liberal Democratic Party Wealth creation, About 174,000 results (0.22 seconds)
And Just as a UK search.
Social Justice, About 21,500,000 results (0.43 seconds)
Wealth creation, About 1,930,000 results (0.23 seconds)
You will draw your own conclusions.
The last one for me tells the story, such an important issue as creating wealth for ourselves, community and country is not 10% of the issue of how to spend it.