Friday, 8 May 2009

Walkit.com

"Walking is quite simply the most environmentally-friendly way of getting from a to b. It requires no fossil fuels, emits no air pollution, and is generally a pretty quiet way of getting about."
LINK HERE

Really and how many dead cows ect will it take to load my body up with the fuel to undertake the journey? more zero sum games from the environmentalists.

This calculation I think about nails it, "Your 3 mile walk burned 220 extra Calories over sitting, but drove the use of 2,200 Calories of fossil fuel. That’s 1/14th of a gallon of gasoline (9oz.) So you’re getting about 42 miles per gas-gallon of fossil fuel."

Dont get we wrong I love a good walk, I like to cycle too, But I am keeping the cars, I like them too and with careful driving I can easily get more than 42 miles to the gallon.

No comments: